Top Tips For Searching For Properties - The site you are visiting allows you to search the same database that Realtors use to look for properties. There are many ways to search and following are some tips to get you started.
1. Start by clicking the arrow to the right of “Search By” to decide how you want to look for properties. You can choose to search by City, Zip, County, School, Street, Subdivision, MLS#, MLS area or Map.
2. Determine the criteria for the properties you are looking for by clicking the “Change Criteria” and specifying type of property, price range, # of bedrooms and bathrooms, etc.
3. “Map Search” – the coolest way to search! Specify your criteria, select “Search By Map” and then use the green “zoom” and “arrow” buttons to map the area you are interested in. The yellow box at the top left of the map tells you how many properties fit your criteria on the map. When the # of properties is below 500, icons will appear where those properties are located. Cursor over the icon and information on specific homes will appear.
4. “Advanced Search” – Additional search criteria (lot size, year built range, # of stories, and search with Keywords) are accessible when you use “Advanced Search” . The blue “Use Advanced Search” tab will appear at the top of the search box when you “Search By City, Zip, County, School, Street, Subdivision, MLS#, or MLS area” (Advanced Search not available in Map Search). Search with Keywords allows you to specify particular items such as golf course, pool, tennis, lake, etc. Be as general as possible when searching by keywords for best results (i.e. “pool” will deliver more possibilities than in-ground pool).
5. Save Your Search – You can save a search you have run so you don’t have to rebuild it every time you re-enter the site. Click “save search” at the top of the search box, specify and adjust the criteria, and specify if and how often you want new listings and changes e-mailed to you!
Contact Your Atlanta Home Advice Partners for additional information on using the search tool or in scheduling a visit to the properties you are interested in!